Fionn Hamill, this week’s guest blogger, sheds some light on an important topic for so many people with Aspergers Syndrome – dislikes. Many people with Aspergers Syndrome struggle with certain social/emotional/communication-based situations or sensory surrounding posing specific difficulties for some people with the condition. In this piece, Fionn tells us what these are for him.
Fionn Hamill’s Blog begins:
Things I don’t like:
- Being in a big crowd.
- Squeaky or loud noises.
- Physical contact except from people I am comfortable with.
- Hard fabrics (but i love cotton!).
- The smell of freshly cut grass.
- Everything about baked beans.
- The smell of agriculture.
- Loud noises and high voices.
- Animals (apart from my two dogs).
- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and One Direction
- When people sing out of tune and think they are brilliant.
- Being blamed for something I obviously didn’t do.
- Bad breath.
- When people breathe on my face.
- Looking at cigarettes or smelling cigarettes!
- People talking about being drunk and having hangovers.
- Sad or angry people.
- When teachers punish a whole class for one person’s fault.
- Thunder (I am scared of it!)
- Babies Drool
And of course…
- Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga & One Direction!
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net