The Coronavirus has brought new challenges to everyone in Irish society and AsIAm is no different. For the safety of our staff and our community, all staff members are now working at home but are working full time and can still be reached through email@example.com. During the next few weeks, we will be radically changing our planned content to adapt to this new situation. We will be putting in place online resources to help with the massive changes in routine, services and social situations during this situation. Check the bottom of the page for a sample of these resources.
Please note: As this situation continues the needs of the community will evolve and change. As a result this is a growing document which we continue to add to. This schedule gives a better idea of what’s to come in the next few weeks.
- Our visual social story about coping with COVID-19 whilst in Residential Care
- Residential Care Social Story TEXT ONLY
- Rule Breaking Social Story
- Rule Breaking Social Story TEXT ONLY
- Our visual social story on Phase 1 of lifting restrictions
- Phase 1 TEXT ONLY
- Carol Gray’s social story for explaining the Coronavirus
- Michael Ryan on maintaining calm during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Our visual social story for staying home during the outbreak
- Text only version for staying home
- Our social story explaining the COVID-19 Test
- Text only version of COVID-19 Test
- AsIAm Healthcare Passport
- Letter regarding Face Coverings
- Guide for Frontline Staff on treating Autistic People
- COVID-19 Explainer For Children 5-12
- A piece about changes to work and employment during this period
- Resources for learning at home for young children
- Support available from An Garda Síochána and An Post during this period
- Printable letter to explain autism/difficulties with social distancing
- Response from Department of Health, outlining reasons where travelling outside 5km may be required and the different documents that can serve as proof of diagnosis.
- Autism Friendly PPE Template
- Emergency Handover Document For Case of Carer/Parent Getting Sick
- Autism COVID Individual Health Action Plan
The summer months are extremely important for AsIAm from a fundraising perspective. Over the past few months we had planned and put in place numerous events – all of which are being cancelled, therefore donating to us will become crucial so that we can provide our wide range of services into the future.
Please click on the donate button on this page or through our social media and help make a difference.
Check below to find our Webinars about managing stress and anxiety during the outbreak.