AsIAm is currently seeking applicants to join our team.
AsIAm is Ireland’s National Autism Charity based in Blackrock, Co.Dublin. AsIAm is a fast paced, growing organisation with a vision to create a society where every autistic person is accepted “as they are” – equal, valued and respected. The organisation’s purpose is to advocate for an inclusive society for autistic people that is accessible, accepted and affirming. AsIAm works to support the Autistic community and our families to fully engage in Irish life and build the capacity of society to facilitate true inclusion.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and innovative person to join our organisation in the role of Training Officer. The Training Officer will report directly to the Head of Training and Accreditation and will operate as part of a team of five within the overall team of twenty six.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys a challenge, has excellent interpersonal skills, and is motivated to be part of the development and delivery of AsIAm’s training programmes nationwide.
We particularly welcome applications from neurodivergent individuals.
The post holder will be required to travel throughout the country and therefore will require a clean driver’s licence.
- Support the Head of Training and Accreditation and the Training Manager in the overall implementation and delivery of AsIAm’s training and awareness programmes/workshops
- Champion the organisation’s Autism Friendly Accreditation programme delivering excellent on the ground training, support, and feedback for relevant organisations and communities
- Provide high quality online training tailored to suit organisation’s needs
- Deliver bespoke training in a broad range of settings to stakeholders in sectors such as health and social care, employment and education
- Contribute to the development and improvement of AsIAm’s training programmes (including pre-recorded content and accreditation programmes)
- Providing suggestions and ideas to the Training Manager and Head of Training and Accreditations for new training offerings
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and manage your work plan/schedule to ensure all training is undertaken to the highest standard and in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates to the Training Manager / Head of Training & Accreditation/CEO as required
- Participate in the overall team to ensure collaborative teamwork and support other team members as required
Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- A passion for social justice and empowerment
- Knowledge of autism and autism related issues
- Excellent training and facilitating skills both in person and online
- Proven track record in the creation, delivery, and evaluation of training modules
- Ability to operate independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, team building, and networking abilities
- Ability to interact and connect with trainees/stakeholders in a wide variety of settings and at various organisational levels
- Ability to conduct needs assessment to gauge training needs
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience delivering training in a blended learning environment
- Full driving licence
Other requirements relevant to the role but not essential are:-
- Knowledge of disability legislation and social policy
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Relevant academic qualification
This role is full-time and permanent.
Salary & Benefits
AsIAm will offer salary and benefits commensurate with AsIAm pay scale and experience.
In addition to annual leave, the organisation offers an additional paid leave during the Christmas office closure period
The organisation offers a 3% pension contribution and access to an Employee Assistance Programme after the probationary period
The role is Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The role holder is required to have a degree of flexibility with regard to working hours with the expectation of some evening and weekend work.
The role is based in AsIAm HQ in Blackrock, Co Dublin.
The organisation operates a hybrid working policy. Employees may apply to work a part of their week remotely. This does not negate the need to travel for training as and when required.
Your next step…..
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to Lisa Aspeling at Lisa@asiam.ie.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 3rd June at 6pm.
Note: All candidates must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting should they be successful.
AsIAm actively supports inclusion in the workplace and will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates throughout the interview process for this position
AsIAm is an equal opportunities employer which reserves the right to practice positive discrimination as set out by the Employment Equality Act, 1998.
AsIAm actively supports inclusion in the workplace and will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates throughout the interview process for this position.
AsIAm is an equal opportunities employer who reserves the right to practice positive discrimination as set out by the Employment Equity Act, 1998.