Job Vacancy: Fundraising Officer
AsIAm, a not for profit organisation, is Ireland’s national autism charity based in Blackrock, Co Dublin. AsIAm is a fast paced and growing organisation that works tirelessly to create a society in which every autistic person is empowered to reach their own personal potential and fully participate in society.
To that end, AsIAm is significantly reliant on fundraising from the public to support our work in Community Support, Education, Training and Advocacy.
The organisation has a challenging fundraising strategy and is now recruiting an experienced fundraiser to champion its successful implementation.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, resilient, and innovative person to join our organisation in the role of Fundraising Officer. The Fundraising Officer will report directly to the Head of Corporate Affairs and will operate as part of the overall AsIAm team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a positive attitude, enjoys a challenge, is creative, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
The post holder will be required to travel throughout the country and therefore will require a clean driver’s licence.
Key Responsibilities of Fundraising Officer:
- Proactively lead the implementation of the organisation’s fundraising strategy
- Overall management of key fundraising campaigns and events
- Meet income targets and devise / develop opportunities to grow income levels from both individual and campaign donors
- Construct / write funding proposals, applications, pitches, and fundraising appeals
- Identify and drive advertising, marketing, and sales channels to recruit new donors
- Develop strong relationships with and provide support and leadership to the volunteer fundraising group
- Evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising events and take appropriate action when necessary
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Provide timely structured reports/updates to the Head of Corporate Affairs / CEO as required
- Provide timely information on upcoming events for inclusion on AsIAm’s website
- Keep informed and up to date on issues impacting the organisation
- Participate in the overall team to ensure collaborative teamwork and keep colleagues informed of upcoming events / campaigns
Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Educated to third level in a relevant discipline with three years plus experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, or business development
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Driven, ambitious, and tenacious
- Proven track record in successfully organising fundraising events / campaigns
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Ability to build long term relationships with donors
- Confidence to ask for donations and resilience to deal with disappointments
- Good judgement and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail
- Passion for the success of the organisation
Other requirements relevant to the role but not essential are:-
This role is full-time for an initial 1 year period, with a view to extension
Salary & Benefits
AsIAm will offer salary and benefits commensurate with AsIAm pay scale and experience.
The role is Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, given the nature of the role, the role holder is required to have a degree of flexibility with regard to working hours as the role will require some evening and weekend work.
The role is based in AsIAm HQ in Blackrock, Co Dublin. It may be open to putting in place a remote working agreement when probation is complete.
Your next step…..
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to Jacqui O’Grady, HR Consultant, at email@example.com. You can contact Jacqui at 087 2264981 with any queries.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 4 June 2021.
Note: All candidates must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting should they be successful.