Introducing ‘AsIAm Approved’ Autism Friendly Accreditation*
AsIAm is the one-stop shop for autism in Ireland. We are Ireland’s leader for consultation, training, and accreditation on autism accessibility. An autism-led, not for profit and registered charity, we aim to ensure the integrity of autism friendly initiatives nationwide by approving and accrediting quality autism friendly practices.
Join us on our Journey to build an Inclusive and Understanding Ireland for all.
The AsIAm Approved Seal* is nationally recognised as the trusted standard in autism inclusion and accessibility.
- Public Appointments Service
- Science Gallery Dublin
- Joint Managerial Body for Secondary Schools
- Mary Immaculate College for Teacher Training
- Dublin City University (DCU)
- Nua Healthcare
- School of Dental Science, Trinity College Dublin
- Stewarts Care
- Early Childhood Ireland
- WWETB (Waterford and Wexford Education and Training Board)
- South Dublin County Council
- Hairlough Barbers
- Gateway Student Village
- Ballyfermot Leisure Centre
“Being able to share our autism day story with the sensory audit really helped to give our customers an insight into what to expect when they bring their child in to us. It’s brought so many new enquiries and bookings from families that mightn’t have been aware of our service prior to our experience with AsIAm. The process was very straightforward, and we’d encourage any business to do the same.” – Hairlough Barbers, Clondalkin
Our workforce is autism-led, seeking to employ and develop the skills of members of the autism community wherever possible. We lobby, support and advise on matters of policy and practice across the country, and are a strictly not-for-profit organisation with a commitment to maintaining evidence based and quality standards in autism accessibility measures. A respected and recognised brand for quality assurance within the autism community, AsIAm is a member of AutismEurope.
WHAT’S INVOLVED WITH ASIAM AUTISM-FRIENDLY APPROVAL?
There are two steps to “AsIAm Accredited Autism-Friendly”* status.
An Autism Champion is an organisation that would like to know more about autism and how they could become more accessible. It is the first step on the accreditation journey; however it is purely a discovery and advisory stage of the process.
To apply, an applicant for Autism Champion status must:
- Commit to at least one recommendation arising from the self-assessment.
- Commit to online staff training.
- Small administration and training licence fee applies.
Throughout the training process, applicants will have a range of supports to avail of, including:
- Able to access the AsIAm Academy self-assessment tool.
- Free consultation with AsIAm’s Training and Business Advisory Officer.
- On completion, the Autism Champion receives a Certificate of Commitment and an AsIAm Official Seal of Approval to display on their premises.
An AsIAm Accredited Autism-Friendly organisation has completed:
- The online AsIAm Academy self-assessment tool;
- An Environmental Evaluation;
- Conducted whole staff training (either online or face to face);
- Has committed to at least five implementations from the report of recommendations;
- Agrees to be subject to annual mystery shopper experience to renew status.
On completion the Autism Champion receives a certificate of commitment & Seal of Approval for the organisation and is listed on our website as an AsIAm Accredited organisation.