While more colleges are acknowledging the need to accommodate autistic students, levels of support and awareness can vary depending on the college. This may be due to differences in funding, resources, or knowledge about autistic issues. If you choose a college with less extensive autism supports, for example because it has a course you really want to study or a convenient location, you may need to become proactive. The following resources outline current disability supports across Ireland and resources on how to pursue Autism-Friendly University practices on your campus.
- Supporting Third Level Students During Covid-19 ft. Dr. Stephen Shore
- College 2020: What to Expect ft. Dr. Alison Doyle
- Managing Energy at University ft. Dr. Amy Laurent and Dr. JÂcqûelyn Fede
- An Autistic Student’s Guide to University ft Laocín Brennan
- Autism and Life After School: Education ft Dr. Fiona Earley and Billy Redmond