VACANCY: Information & Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Hours of work: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (Some Saturday’s and evenings may be required from time to time)
Length: Full-time/12 month contract
Place of Employment: AsIAm Headquarters, Blackrock, Co. Dublin (Some travel is required. Expenses are paid.)
Remuneration: €28,000 – €30,000 (Dependent on experience)
AsIAm is seeking an information and digital marketing officer to join our growing team.
The purpose of this role involves:
- Overseeing AsIAm’s online engagement with the autism community and support the overall work of the organisation;
- Develop AsIAm.ie as a central hub of information and support for the autism community by:-
- Managing and developing information resources making them easily accessible to the autism community;
- Creating and editing accurate content for AsIAm.ie and our social media channels;
- Making AsIAm.ie the number one online resource for autism in Ireland;
- Communicating the work of AsIAm as an organisation effectively to target audiences through online channels.
The role will require excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to deliver to consistent high-quality standards.
Working as part of an innovative, fast paced and dynamic team you will be responsible for:
Website / Social Media:
- Select, manage, and source information to promote the work of AsIAm to both the general public and autism community;
- Research, write, and edit static and dynamic content for AsIAm’s website and social media channels;
- Work with the autism community to develop and edit blog posts for the AsIAm website;
- Assist in writing and editing resources for the website;
- Monitor and analyse social media activity;
- Grow social media following;
- Develop and maintain editorial schedules for the website and social media content;
- Ensure all information / supports / resources are maintained and up to date on the website;
- Ensure necessary sign off and approvals are obtained in advance for all published content.
- Attend and cover AsIAm events as required;
- Accompany and assist the Community Support Officer at events and cover, where relevant, for website/social media/live streaming;
- Avail of opportunities to speak at events as an advocate for autism;
- Participate and consult on autistic cultural projects.
- Design and write email newsletters and other campaign emails;
- Continue to increase email subscriber lists.
- Copy editing correspondence and reports for colleagues;
- Liaise with Policy Officer to ensure all policies are communicated and accessible through appropriate channels;
- Liaise with web developers on the website content and performance;
- Assist the public with enquiries;
- Governance: Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and organisational requirements/policies relevant to the Information and Digital Marketing Officer role.
Successful Candidates will possess the following competencies:
- Experience in social media publication;
- Experience in WordPress and IT;
- Experience in content creation;
- Experience in website analytics.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience in interacting with the public;
- Experience in public speaking;
- Experience preparing accessible, reliable information on complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent copy editing skills;
- Excellent IT and organisational skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- A commitment to learning and improvement.
- Third level qualification in either English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing and or other relevant qualification;
- Keen interest in relevant current affairs;
- Understanding of autism and disability issues.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and an updated CV to email@example.com by no later than 5:00pm, Friday 28th June 2019. AsIAm will shortlist applications received and invite shortlisted candidates to interview. An interview assignment will be assigned as part of this process.
AsIAm is an equal opportunities employer, and reserves the right to practice positive discrimination.
Canvassing will disqualify.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to Garda vetting prior to taking up their role.