AsIAm is currently enhancing its service offering with the addition of an Autism Information Line service to provide support to the Autism community through timely responses to queries and general information requests via phone, email and instant messaging.
The development of the AsIAm Information Line creates an exciting opportunity to contribute and participate in the initial set up and ongoing operation of the service.
To facilitate this, we are currently looking to recruit a Social Care Worker to join the AsIAm Information Line team.
The Social Care Worker will report directly to the Information Line Officer and will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Information Line service, assessing calls and messages and responding or referring as appropriate. The Social Care Worker will also support the development of support materials, resources and events based on the thematic trends arising on the Information Line
The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the development of AsIAm’s innovative and impactful Information Line process.
This new role provides an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys interacting with people and is focused on resolving problems, dealing with issues and concerns, is highly organised and an excellent multitasker.
The successful candidate will have the ability to interact with autistic people and their families.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing operation of the Autism Information Line Service
- Answer all calls and messages in a sensitive and professional manner
- Assess and categorise the support / information requirement of the callers
- Establish the information requirement through professional probing conversations
- Respond to calls / emails / instant messages, driving first point resolution where possible
- Refer calls to other team members or external agencies as appropriate and follow up to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Develop resources, information materials and support events based on the queries received
- Develop system to track calls and the services and guidance provided to callers
- Adhere to protocols and policies in the operation of the Information Line to ensure compliance with all regulation and best practise guidelines and a consistency in approach
- Engage in appropriate training to meet the evolving needs of the service, as required
- Provide trend analysis on the level, type, and frequency of calls / callers and source of referrals
- Provide regular updates to the Information Line Officer
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Participate in the overall team to ensure collaborative teamwork and support other team members as required
Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Experience in dealing with autistic adults and families of autistic children
- Experience in working in social care settings supporting autistic people
- Ability to communicate and engage with a diverse community of people
- Excellent organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate in the written form including in emails or guidance documents
- Deep knowledge of autism and autism related issues
- Ability to operate independently
- Strong computer literacy
Other requirements relevant to the role but not essential are:-
- An understanding of social inclusion issues
- Knowledge of disability and equality legislation and public policy
- Experience of content creation
- Experience in organising support groups or delivering training
- Relevant academic qualification
This role is full-time for an initial 1 year period, with a view to extension
Salary & Benefits
AsIAm will offer salary and benefits commensurate with AsIAm pay scale and experience.
The role is Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The role holder is required to have a degree of flexibility with regard to working hours with the expectation of some evening and weekend work.
The role is based in AsIAm HQ in Blackrock, Co Dublin. It may be open to putting in place a remote working agreement when the service is established and probation is complete.
Your next step…..
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to Jacqui O’Grady, HR Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Jacqui at 087 2264981 with any queries.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 2 June 2021.
Note: All candidates must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting should they be successful.
AsIAm actively supports inclusion in the workplace and will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates throughout the interview process for this position
AsIAm is an equal opportunities employer which reserves the right to practice positive discrimination as set out by the Employment Equality Act, 1998.